Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Great PBS series E2 - Grey to Green

I don't know if many of you are aware of this PBS series E2, but if you have some time to spare this series is amazing and inspirational and I highly recommend it. There have been at least three seasons of this and the series is broken up into sub catagories like design, transport, water etc. One of my favorite episodes from this series is Grey to green which I caught again while flipping through channels.


In This episode Grey to Green the focus is on the waste that construction produces, sustainable architecture and reuse of the construction materials around us. It asks us to think of the structures we build as temporary and to build in the mindset that this structure will be taken down , moved, or reused eventually. One civil engineer on a particular project takes on this challenge with the construction of his new home.


You can watch PBS's video podcast about the episode below Or watch the entire episode here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having read this I thought it was very enlightening.
I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this informative article together.
I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount of time both reading and
leaving comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!
My page > cash now advance